Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nations Church!


I am so grateful for my "home away from home" church here in Istanbul, Nations Church. The hour and a half bus ride one way is totally worth it. Coming into the 5th floor of the building, my heart just cries out for joy. I love walking in and seeing so many smiles greeting me. Well, not so many as this is a newly planted church but you get my drift. It is so nice to feel so welcomed.

I usually get there early with Judith and we mingle and talk with people. Then Pastor Payton will tell us to come over to the chairs and we start in with worship. I love worshipping with these people whose hearts are for the Lord. Then we have a few announcements and offering. Then we have a message. Usually it is Payton but a few times, a member of the church will give a message. After the ending song and prayer, every time they say, “Let’s now have cay”.

I love cay! Not just the cay and the treats but the time of fellowship. I miss just talking with other Americans and Christ-followers. Today, our fellowship was longer then usual which was awesome.  We had a band visiting us and they are performing tonight at the church. We went out to lunch to the Trump Towers mall by the church. We went to a nice restaurant and had a variety of food. Everyone was so full and so very happy. I really enjoyed talking to a few women, including the pastor’s wife Clover. They really care about me and tell me how happy they are that I am attending Nations Church.

I feel so blessed to be part of this church, even if I just have a few more Sundays with them. I will never forget the love I feel when I walk into the church, a church that looks nothing like church, just a huge room on the fifth floor of some building. I love it and I know God is working in lives of the people in the church and around that area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment