Sunday, May 13, 2012

Football to the EXTREME!!

Last night the big match between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray happened. I was smart and stayed inside and away from all the action. However, I could hear yelling and shouting at times from my house. The outcome was that they tied 0-0 but this meant that Galatasaray one the Turkish league championship.

Some of my friends were on the European side and people were celebrating like crazy with shouting and waving flags everywhere. Today on my way to church, this guy was were a Galatasaeay shirt and we were heading to Kadikoy. Even though I didn't know what the two old men were saying this this guy, I knew that they were saying that he shouldn't be wearing that shirt around here as Kadikoy is Fenerbahce territory. Then, like Turks do, the old man shook his head and made 'tsk tsk' sound. I found it funny as I learned my mistake a few weeks ago!

To read more about the craziness:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18046286

The two teams going at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment