Friday, May 25, 2012

It Is Becoming More Real


I usually like countdowns but I am starting to not like this one. I have many emotions about the whole situation. Part of me wants to stay here. This has been my life for four and a half months. I have grown to love Turkey so much. But another part of me wants to go home, to see my family and friends and all my comforts.

Honestly, I am nervous to come back home. I do not know how I will deal with reverse culture shock . Each of my friends from Senegal experienced it and still experiencing it differently. I know some things will have changed. Time didn’t just stand still when I left. I am trying to keep my mind open but there is only so much I can do before hand.

I also am stressed due to these emotions and of course, finals. I am so ready to be done. I had my second one today and it went fine. Now it is onto my two hardest ones. I know I need to study and I am going to go to the coffee shop I enjoy studying at soon, but I have little motivation. This whole week has been like that. I think it is because my schedule has been changed. I no longer have classes and my days are different. I like to have a schedule. But it has a chill week which also has been nice.

I head to Ephesus tomorrow night with an overnight bus. Hopefully I can actually sleep. I am really excited to see all the amazing places! I would appreciate prayers for peace over the next few weeks. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment