Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Two Months of Turkey!

I have officially been in Turkey for two months! It is crazy to think that exactly two months ago I was in the dorm on campus, so alone and having no idea what to expect. Two months later and I have had so many fun adventures and have made so many wonderful friends for all around the world.

Today is my flatmate, Trista’s, 22nd birthday today so we went to a restaurant by our house. Asude, our other flatmate wasn’t able to join us so it was just the two of us. We had a really great time! We were laughing and joking around and just enjoying ourselves. It is so interesting listening about her culture and how she perceives things differently then I do. She is really nice and it is nice that I can have a conversation with her as her English is better then most of my friends. We are planning on going to the European side of Istanbul on Saturday to Miniaturk, which is a miniature park of Turkey. I am really excited!

The past few weeks we have had pretty decent weather which has been wonderful not having to wear a winter coat. I have just been wearing a sweatshirt or on a few occasions, only a tshirt! Today I spent the majority of my day studying for my last and hardest midterm, Gender in Society. We have to know all the authors and their arguments. There are about fifteen authors and some very dense articles so it has been a challenge but I believe that I am prepared and I will study a little more before the test tomorrow.

In other news, I am living in the Moore Townhouses with three of my close friends in the fall so I am pumped for that! Basically it is an apartment with our own rooms and we share a kitchen, living room and bathroom. I can’t believe I will be a senior!!!!

So here is to another two months (and ten days) in Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment