Sunday, April 8, 2012

He Is Risen!

Happy Easter everyone!

Today I went to church and had a wonderful service and lunch. I brought a friend with me, Judith who is from Germany. She is Catholic but wanted to try a new church and she enjoyed and wants to come back which is great! It was so wonderful to be surrounded my Christians who were just as excited as I am about today. We say some of my favorite songs such as “Lord I Lift Your Name On High, Amazing Love and You Are My All in All”.

After service, there was a wonderful lunch. It was much different from the tradition Easter lunch I think of but there was delicious meat with potatoes and rice and curry. And of course, wonderful desserts! Since many of the members are American, someone made angel food cake and pineapple upside down cake. There were also little egg shaped chocolate which was so wonderful as there is basically no Easter candy here. Of course it makes sense but I missed my candy. But of course, that isn’t want Easter is all about and spending it with people who are passionate about God was definitely good enough for me. And I will be Skyping with my family in about an hour. My grandparents and Mark are over for lunch and so I will get to see them all which I am excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment