Sunday, April 29, 2012

Black Sea!


Yesterday I traveled with four friends to Şile which is a city about two hours away from Istanbul by bus. I was very excited to get to the beach and just enjoy the day. Two of the people who came I had never met but we quickly became friends and we all talked so much on the bus. So much that we were told to be quiet on the bus! It was just so hard to not be excited!

So we got to Şile and we walked down the streets to get to the sea. It was a sunny day though cooler then in Istanbul so I was happy I brought a sweatshirt that I ended up putting on and off several times. We first went to the harbor for lunch. Though we had to find another place to eat as, of course they all only had fish, and I don’t like fish and Trista doesn’t eat meat. So we found this nice place to eat that had a great view of the Black Sea. We then walked to the beach!

I immediately took off my shoes and everyone else did the same. It was just so wonderful walking along the beach, our feet in the water. The water was cold at first but it felt amazing. I tried taking pictures of my footprints in the sand but it is much harder then it seems! We all were having fun writing words in the sand. We then took a break on some stairs while trying to get all the sand off our feet. We then walked around the Sea some more. Şile is famous for their cotton and their lighthouse. We saw the lighthouse as we were leaving on the bus. It was just a nice relaxing day.

Side note: I was planning on going to Ephesus (Efes) this weekend but it did not work out. I really am trying to go before I leave! 














First sight of the Black Sea!





No comments:

Post a Comment