Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy Week (And It is Only Tuesday!)

So Tuesday is my “day off” but not today, it was full! Full of fun things mind you, but still full. I woke up after a series of interesting dreams. I spent the morning on homework and practicing for my presentation that is tomorrow about Syria. I then met with Judith for lunch at one of my favorite places near campus. I get such a simple dish, rice and chicken with a few chick peas but it is so delicious. I also enjoy this place because the owner is so friendly and we are now friends. He can speak a little English and I a little Turkish so we have short fun interactions.
Judith and I then went to my house to plan for our weekend trip. We really wanted to go to Canakkale which is near Troy. However, after spending about an hour trying to figure out the best way to get there and started looking up hostels, all the hostels were booked solid. So change of plans. Now we are going to the Prince Islands, the biggest one Büyükada, on Friday and Sile, which is on the Black Sea, on Saturday.
After having tea and figured all of this out, we went to campus to pay for out trip that is next weekend through the Erasmus Club (International Club). We are going to Efes which is really exciting. So as we were waiting for the Turkish girl, another friend came and talked with us. She is actually my neighbor so after we paid for our trip, Judith went to class and then we went grocery shopping. We went to several stores to get everything we wanted. And ended it, with going to the bakery and bought some delicious rolls.
I finally got a home a little bit ago and chatted with Trista for a while. I am really happy Trista and I are such great friends and flatmates.
Tomorrow is another busy day with six hours of class and then planning with Melissa about our trip to Greece! So pumped!
Anyway, just some insight in my everyday life here. I only have about a month left of classes which is crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment