Thursday, April 19, 2012

Taxis


As I was waiting for a friend at the main gate of campus, I was really paying attention to all the taxis. There are a lot of taxis all around Istanbul and there are always two or three by the gate of campus. What I figured out today is that the taxis line up waiting to get into campus. There is a place for taxis to be in the campus but only a few are allowed at a time. My school has some rich people who take taxis to get to and from school so they go to that area to find a taxi. So when one taxi leaves campus, another is allowed in. This is what I observed and it may be false but I don’t think it is.

I have taken a taxi only a few times when the buses had stopped running as it was late. They of course are quite expensive so buses are the much smarter way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment