Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Truly Wonderful Birthday

Yesterday, as stated in my last post, I turned 21. I already talked about part of my birthday but I will share my amazing evening with you. I met three of my friends at the gate of campus. We got on the bus and headed to Kadikoy. My friend, Sasha from Russia, gave me two really cute bracelets. She has been shopping with me several times and knows my love of accessories! We walked around and found a restaurant that looked popular which is always a good sign.

It was a causal restaurant with a nice atmosphere and a very large menu; it even had Mexican food. I had a very delicious homemade strawberry lemonade and chicken alferdo. We were waiting for another friend who was late as his bus hit a car! Thankfully no one was injured. Traffic in Turkey is crazy so I am not surprised of the accident. We had a great meal laughing and just enjoying the evening.

Then all of a sudden, the lights got really bright and intense happy music starting playing over the loud speakers. Then it starting singing Happy Birthday while a waiter brought a plate of brownies with candles and sparklers in them! I also was given a crown that said “Birthday Queen”. I was not expecting this big of show! I loved it! All of us got a brownie and a cup of really delicious ice cream.

There was this little boy about four who came up to me several times speaking in Turkish. He was so adorable but we didn’t know what he was saying. He handed me a water bottle with the help of his family telling him to. We then gave him a little piece of brownie and he said thank you in English. It was so adorable.

Since we all had homework to do still, we left and took the bus home about nine. I got home and studied a bit for my midterm that is tomorrow and chatted with Darrell on Skype. I then went to bed as it had been a wonderful but long day!

I am so blessed to have so many people (My friends in Turkey and my family and friends who are thousands of miles away) who love me and made my day truly special. But the best part is that they make me feel loved 365 days a year not just on my birthday. I love you all and here is to being 21!

Midnight waiting for my cake. First picture of being 21.

Very surprised!

My lovely crown and the cute little boy

My friends. When I said a serious photo, I didn't mean so serious for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment