Monday, March 19, 2012

I’m 21!!!!

So I am officially 21 in Turkey and in the US! In Turkey at midnight, I declared it was my birthday. I had a wonderful start with hanging out with flatmates. At midnight, they told me to go into my room and they brought me a cake with two candles. They sang to me and I blew out the candles. We then talked and ate. My Turkish flatmate gave me a box of Japanese candy as she studied abroad in Japan. I then opened an email from Debbie, a close friend of mine. She and a few of my other very close friends are abroad in Senegal and left for a trip yesterday. So she emailed me saying I could not open the email until I was 21. Attached was a video of her and Kate singing and wishing me a happy birthday. It was so special and have watched it several times today! I also talked with Darrell a bit before I decided I needed to try to sleep as I had morning class.

I went to my Ottoman Empire class and enjoyed it. I then had lunch with my two Turkish friends. We were laughing and having a great time. Then I went to a café and treated myself to a mocha frappe and brownie cheesecake as I was studying for a midterm that is on Wednesday. I just finished have a video Skype chat with Darrell which was wonderful.

In about an hour, I will go out with some friends to Kadikoy to a nice restaurant. I am looking forward to spending time and enjoying the rest of my birthday with my friends.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment