Saturday, February 18, 2012

Live In The Moment

I have been thinking about this a lot the past few days. I need to enjoy what I am currently doing and not always want to be in the future. Not that I haven’t been enjoying my experience here but sometimes I think about the future a little too much. I do really miss my friends and being at Beloit. In four months I will be back in the States. Sometimes I catch myself wanted to just be four months for now or six when I will be back at Beloit.

It may sound crazy as I am in Turkey and should be living up everything here. I am really enjoying my time here but sometimes even when I am having a great experience, I think about what is ahead. I went to a welcome party for the Exchange students last night and while I was dancing I was thinking about being back at Beloit and dancing with all my friends.

I know it is okay to think about the future but I need to live today, for this chapter in my life.

Live neither in the past nor in the future, but let each day's work absorb your entire energies, and satisfy your wildest ambition. Sir William Osler

No comments:

Post a Comment