Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hanging Out and Saying Goodbye


So these past few days have been filled with hanging out with people and having to say goodbye. It all started after a very good afternoon on Thursday as I finished my last final!! I am DONE!!! Anyway, I then went to my church for English Club. We talked about travel and vacation which was fun. Then Judith and I went over to the pastor’s house along with Jim who also goes to the church. We ordered pizza and just joked around with each other. We watched “We Bought a Zoo” which was much better then I thought I would be. I stayed up past three just talking which is a big deal as I usually go to bed around eleven. The next morning Clover, the pastor’s wife and a wonderful women, made us an egg casserole and it felt like I was at a church potluck! It was nice sitting around a table eating together and talking. Then in the early afternoon, I headed home and stopped at a mall and bought a cute green dress. I then mostly chilled and went to bed early.

Yesterday was really great as I got to hang out with a friend who used to go to Beloit who I hadn’t seen in about two and a half years. We went to the Prince Islands together with about five of his friends. It was just so crazy that we were hanging out in Istanbul! We rented bikes which didn’t go the way we planned. First the bikes were really horrible and when we tried to go up hills, most of our bikes would shift gears and do other weird things by themselves. The end result, we walked the bikes most of the way. Though we all enjoyed the nice ride down hill. It was also confusing where we were as the map wasn’t the greatest. I also realized how out of shape I am! So we didn’t get too far and headed back to town and had some delicious pide. We took a ferry bus back which was super fast but didn’t stop in Kadikoy but drove past it. So then I had to take another ferry back to Kadikoy but it was no big deal. It was so great catching up with Brian.

Today, I went to my last Sunday at Nation’s Church. I will really miss everyone in that church. They all have been so wonderful and welcoming. The prayed for me in service which I was really touch by. They said that Judith and I have been such a blessing but they have been the really blessing! We went out for lunch for Iskander which is what Judith and I wanted. I also had to say goodbye to Judith. We rode the bus back to Kadikoy and then parted ways. She has become such a great friend and I will really miss her!

Currently, I have been packing! I am going to Greece tomorrow which will be awesome!!!! So I am basically packed for that but then I will only have about a day when I return before I head home so I am trying to pack most of my stuff before I leave tomorrow.


Judith and I

Brian and I on the ferry

On our bike ride

Clover, I, Peyton and Judith

Me, Doug and Ruth


No comments:

Post a Comment